Real Estate Disciplines
Following are recent disciplinary actions taken by the Real Estate Division of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, http://www.idfpr.com/News/Disciplines/DiscReports.asp
- A real estate managing broker license was reprimanded and fined $500 for practicing real estate while Respondent's sponsoring firm license was not renewed.
- A real estate managing broker license was reprimanded and fined $5,000 for aiding the unlicensed practice of real estate and failing to ensure the employees under his authority maintained appropriate licensure. The real estate broker corporation license was reprimanded and fined $5,000 for aiding the unlicensed practice of real estate and failing to ensure the employees of the corporation maintained appropriate licensure while employed.
- A real estate managing broker license was revoked and fined $25,000 after pleading guilty to mail fraud in United States District Court.
- A real estate broker license and a real estate limited liability firm license were both indefinitely suspended for a minimum of two years and each fined $5,000 for their failure to remit escrow money and failure to cooperate with Department investigators.
- Several unlicensed persons were ordered to cease and desist the unlicensed practice of community association management and the unlicensed practice of real estate brokerage, sales or leasing.
- A real estate broker license and a real estate broker corporation license were both revoked and each fined $25,000 for unlicensed practice, failed to remit documents to the Department and failed to remit rent monies.
- A real estate broker license was placed in refuse to renew status for failing to remit money that belong to others, engaging in dishonorable conduct of a character likely to deceive, defraud or harm the public and breaching her duty to a client.