Illinois REALTORS® are planning bicentennial "legacy projects" across the state including adopting a historic home or property in our local REALTOR® association communities as well as downtown Springfield in the block shared by the Illinois REALTORS® headquarters.
The association is an official endorsed partner with the Illinois Bicentennial Commission, which oversees the state's plans for the milestone birthday. Bicentennial Plaza - a REALTOR® Community Partnership is a signature project of the state bicentennial celebrations. Learn more about Bicentennial Plaza, which is being built in downtown Springfield.
“Illinois REALTORS®, working with heart in every community” underscores how REALTORS® are leaders in their local communities, supporting local charities and causes, promoting economic development and a strong economy all while helping real estate buyers and sellers achieve the American Dream.
The Illinois REALTORS® Bicentennial Task Force is the organizing committee for this effort.
Working with heart statewide
All 29 local REALTOR® associations in Illinois are working on bicentennial legacy projects in their local communities. The effort is yet another way Illinois REALTORS® work with heart in local communities.
- Belvidere Board of REALTORS®: Partner with the Boone County Arts Council with fundraising support for a new mural featuring architect Jeanne Gang as well as home-related "Teacher's Trunk" resource for the Boone County Museum of History.
- Bloomington-Normal Association of REALTORS®: Fundraising for the Lincoln-era Barn Window Restoration project at the David Davis Mansion in Bloomington.
- Capital Area REALTORS®: Fundraising for improvements, including refurbishing the staircase to the second floor of the Edwards Place Historic Home in Springfield.
- Central Illinois Board of REALTORS®: Partnering with the Lincoln Log Cabin State Historic Site to help install a map depicting Abraham Lincoln and his family's migration from Indiana to Illinois in 1830.
- Champaign County Association of REALTORS®: Funding a free admission day at the Orpheum Children's Science Museum in Champaign.
- Chicago Association of REALTORS®: Volunteerism and fundraising to help transform a section of the Peterson Garden's Global Garden into a 2018 Bicentennial victory garden.
- Danville Area Board of REALTORS®: Sponsorship of the City of Danville’s Lincoln Belief Mural.
- Decatur Association of REALTORS®: Partnering with the Decatur Central Park to provide a historical timeline of the Decatur Municipal Band.
- Egyptian Board of REALTORS®: Funding for story boards that tell the history of the Bald Knob Cross of Peace.
- Greater Gateway Association of REALTORS®: Partner with City of Alton and Haskell Playhouse Associaton to convert the historic home into a children’s museum.
- Heartland REALTOR® Organization: Partnering with several historic sites in the area to promote events and drive traffic in 2018.
- Hometown Association of REALTORS®: Fundraising to repair the air conditioning for the Egyptian Theatre in DeKalb; fundraising for a new roof for the Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home in Dixon.
- Illini Valley Association of REALTORS®: Sponsorship of historic wall murals for buildings in downtown Streator as part of the community's Sesquicentennial celebrations.
- Illinois REALTORS®: Build the Bicentennial Plaza — A REALTOR® Community Partnership; donated more than $50,000 to the Executive Mansion renovation project in Springfield.
- Kankakee-Iroquois-Ford Association of REALTORS®: Fundraising support to add landscaping to the rain garden area of the B. Harley Bradley House in Kankakee, a Frank Lloyd Wright-designed home built in 1901.
- Livingston County Board of REALTORS®: Fundraising and volunteer help to restore historic landscaping to the Jason Strevell home in Pontiac.
- Logan County Board of REALTORS®: Partnership with the City of Lincoln to install historical signage explaining the Lincoln Chautauqua in Memorial Park.
- Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS®: Funding to install LED lighting in the DuPage County Historical Museum; fundraising to help preserve real estate records for the Arlington Heights Historical Museum.
- Mid Valley Association of REALTORS®: Fundraising support for the preservation of the historic Little Family Cabin in Kewanee, one of the area's oldest homes.
- North Shore-Barrington Association of REALTORS®: Work with the Northbrook Historical Society and Museum to fundraise for the restoration of the Hope Union Church.
- Northern Illinois Commercial Association of REALTORS®: Assisting the City of Aurora, the Aurora Convention & Visitor's Bureau and the Aurora Historical Society in expansion of the annual Home Ownership Expo in the spring of 2018 including funding of new elements to the expo such as a historical building trolley tour.
- Oak Park Area Association of REALTORS®: Support for restoration of the Frederick C. Robie House, which was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1910.
- Peoria Area Association of REALTORS®: Grounds improvement to the Pettengill-Morron House which was built in 1868; restoration work for the LeTourneau home, an all-steel dwelling built after World War I.
- Quad City Area Association of REALTORS®: Fundraising for paint and tools for a new mural in the Blackhawk State Historic Site.
- Quincy Association of REALTORS®: Support for a Quincy Museum Kids Summer Tour which would allow more than 300 kids free admission.
- REALTOR® Association of the Fox Valley: Partnership with Garfield Farm to assist in the maintenance and create awareness for the historic site, an 1840s era living history farm.
- REALTOR® Association of Northwestern Illinois: Supporting the Galena Foundation by purchasing a lifetime membership to the organization and being involve d in fundraising events.
- REALTOR® Association of Southwestern Illinois: Host an open house at an annual home dedication for a home dedicated to St. Clair County by the St. Clair County Historical Society.
- Rockford Area Association of REALTORS®: "Discover the Heart of Your Community" is the theme for promoting local tourist attractions in Winnebago, Ogle and Boone counties during the summer of 2018. Fundraising will support entry fees.
- Three Rivers Association of REALTORS®: Partnership with local historical societies to provide equipment for scanning and document preservation.
HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS Bicentennial Essay Contest
Illinois REALTORS® Bicentennial Task Force is excited to announce the “Home Is Where the Heart Is” Essay Contest as part of Illinois bicentennial celebrations! 23 high school students across Illinois will be selected to win a scholarship ranging from $1000 dollars to $250. Contest submission deadline is February 15.
Follow Illinois REALTORS Bicentennial Facebook
Be a Part of History!
Donate a brick! Add your name to the walkway of the Bicentennial Plaza with your brick donation to the Bicentennial Education Fund of the Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation (REEF)
Be a part of the Founders Wall by becoming a Founding Member sponsor.
Local Association Resources
Bicentennial Publicity Guide
Bicentennial Store - Get T-shirts, banners, yard signs, heart pins and selfie signs
Logos & Art
Coloring Resource - coming 1Q2018